With 8 years experience in campaigning, I’m an organiser and campaigner available for short term work. Take a look at my CV below!
Freelance Campaigns Consultant – September to Present
Work with organisations including
- Campaign Together – As Lead Organiser I oversaw the relaunch of the organisation, recruiting new volunteers, project managing a new website and user journey and establishing the campaign brand
- Campaign Bootcamp – Responsible for creating new content for the organisation’s website to showcase Bootcamp Graduates
- Our Future Our Choice – Working within the Mobilisation team to deliver two weeks of action in schools and universities across the UK
- OPEN (Online Progressives Engagement Network) – Working on movement wide communications and the organising of a European summit.
Head of Field and Operations at Labour for a People’s Vote – October 2017 to February (Freelance)
- Lead a staff team of 8 regional organisers to influence the Labour party MPs, leadership, members and the general public. Work includes passing motions within constituency Labour parties, hosting canvassing activity to lobby Labour MPs to vote down the Brexit deal and support a People’s Vote and creating a network of activists through fundraising and events
- Organise and represent the London region, managing a small team of volunteers to campaign across London, fundraise locally and run Parliamentary events
- Work within a small team on our digital communications, volunteer management and network fundraising strategies
Political Organiser at 38 Degrees – 2016 to 2018
- Lead staff member for offline activity
- Designed and managed a programme of over 800 meetings between members and MPs
- Managed a snap election campaign which delivered a 2% increase in voter turnout in Hove in under four weeks. This included setting up a pop up office and bringing on 25 temporary staff and 20 volunteers.
Campaigns Mobilisation Officer (Communities) at Save the Children – 2015 to 2016
- Recruited and retained 100 campaigning volunteers to a new role within organisation, these volunteers deliver high level supporter actions (offline) to our key campaign targets as well as performing long term community building work.
- Delivering reactive campaign plans on complex issues include 0.7% Bill and Immigration Bill including working on the Dubbs Amendment.
- Led on audience strategy for 55,000 supporters working on our child literacy campaign, Read On. Get On.
Campaigns Officer at National Union of Students – 2014 to 2015
- Led #Generationvote , a campaign to register and enfranchise millions of students across the UK, in 2015 General Election. Managed a £380,000 grant from the Cabinet Office to enable hundreds of student unions to run their own registration drives
- Building a new constituency of activists through new communication innovations using the NationBuilder platform and creating specific email and online user journeys
City Councillor at Southampton City Council – 2012 to 2014
- Elected to the marginal seat of Millbrook where I liaised with residents on local issues and communicated with council officers to resolve problems
- Prevented the creation of a Biomass plant near residents housing through supporting and co-ordinated grassroots activism as well as creating monthly newsletters for the community.
- Successfully lobbying the Chancellor to put a cap on the cost of credit through local and national campaigning on the realities residents face when using payday lenders. This included acting as a national press spokesperson for the campaign.
- Supervised press and crisis management for the Labour council group.
- Political lead for a popular local music festival which brought in 5000 people.
Trustee at Southampton Voluntary Services – 2013 to 2014
Director and Trustee on the board of the umbrella body for local voluntary and community groups working in Southampton.
- Ensuring organisation met purposes set out in constitution
- Approving the spending and financial situation of the organisation
- Making sure the organisation complied with charity law